7/25/07

How to obtain a twins crib...




Ok, so






The bidding on ebay for the twin corner cribs didn't go as expected. I did win the bid but I had to pay $163 more than I had expected. The ironic part about the bidding war is that if I had just chosen the "buy it now" option, I would have paid $63 less. I figured I would score the bid easily because nobody was interested in the item. Wrong again, Tamara!






I guess I just have to concentrate on what I am getting instead of the money that I have lost. After all, $663 is not all that much to pay for 2 specialty cribs and their mattresses. The crib I had chosen at babiesrus.com was $400...x 2 plus another $150 or so for the mattresses. So, I guess I have scored in the end.




Now, we have to have Augie's apartment painted! I can't believe we have been married for almost 6 months and we still live in my bachelorette pad. If only we could buy a house! I love LA, but I sure hate the housing market here. I have been looking at the real estate ads and realize that the tinyest houses in a decent neighborhood won't be sold for anything less than $650,000. To think that Amee and her husband bought their huge house in Georia for about $350,000 just makes me ill. My husband and I are both professionals and we can't afford to buy a house to start our family!




But Augie's place isn't so bad. It is located in a really nice area, accross the street from the park and it certainly is the right price at $1100 for 2 bedrooms. He says that he plans us to be there for only a year or so. When I ask him what is going to happen in a year or so, he never seems to have a good answer but I will trust that he must have some plan other than a large inheritance.




The only thing about moving into Augie's place is that I just bought a Nautica quilt set for the daybed in the spare room. But the spare room is not so spare anymore. In fact, come 6 months from now, it will be quite crowded. The large dogs around his building really worry, however.


Secretly, I wish we could stay in my place. I have loved it for 5 or 6 years now. But we really are very cramped. Like this picture shows, my place used to be so uncluttered and spic and span everyday. But since Augie moved in about 8 months ago, the place has gone to pot! Meanwhile, we have been waiting for his landlord to fix the extensive problems in his apartment.
More news to come!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congrats on winning the cribs! Seriously, even though you spent a little more than you had planned to, you will still be spending a LOT LESS than you would have on two regular cribs, plus two crib mattreses. So you get something unique and beautiful for less than a set of big, bulky conventional cribs! Woo-hoo!