5/13/08

5 month update!

ok, so,

Its been a while since my last post but quite a lot has kept me busy!

The twins are now almost 5 months old and as cute as ever! They've had a few set backs- Isabella was hospitalized in March and Lily has a now mild case of acid reflux. Although still in newborn sizes, as the days and weeks pass, the girls mature more and more and can do more and more. Currently, Isabella can say "ow" and tries to say "hi". Lily's grandad drills her on her vowels everyday and she has almost mastered them. Both girls laugh and smile and appear to be happy little babies. Lately, both girls have been sleeping through the night, although not consistently (but I'll take what I can get). Their father and I look forward to them holding their heads up without bobbling about (because mommy's wrists are starting to ache). Although they both stand when propped, crawling seems to be a challenge and dad and I like to think this is a blessing in disguise...at least for now.

As for Augie and I, we've "enjoyed" next to no sleep but are delighted by it all. I have been back to work since February, despite a 5 week postpartum stay in the hospital for fever/infection. I love being back with my students and I am slowly regaining my strength.

More to come soon...




No comments: