3/28/09

To San Francisco a-walking they will go...





ok so,

(yes, this post was drafted 3 days ago but I didn't get until now to actually post it) Bella walks! Officially! Although she had taken her first steps almost a month ago, she regressed to crawling like her sister...until now. Lily was official 7 days ago and now Bella is, too. Incidentally, its not that easy to photograph a totting toddler while supervising them.
The girls have also enjoyed their new twin swing. I bet you never knew there existed such a thing! Whatever is available for a singleton, I think should also be available for multiples. If its for twins, I will find it. My mother became so aware of the inadequacies of life while raising her twins (my 7 year older brothers) that I am almost thankful that my own twin did not survive past the womb we shared for a short time (it still would have been nice, though, to have known him or her).



Spring break is fast approaching and Augie and I have decided to travel to Northern California to visit his family there. While I don't mind San Jose as I had often visited as a child, I really LOVE San Francisco. And since we'll be staying just an hour away, Augie has agreed to take the girls on a day trip to "the city". If a 7-8 hour drive with twinfants isn't already daunting for me, two not-so-expert walkers in the busy Frisco streets ought to give me a heart attack. I always thought those little toddler leashes were tacky but they are looking good to me now.



Lily has been getting into EVERYTHING!...including her sister's hair. And if you take away her coveted items, she throws a FIT. Yes, my sweet, little, innocent, blue-eyed twincess has knock-down, drag-out, screaming, temper tantrums. Since the girls' premature birth, they have been (expectedly) delayed in most all their milestones, but it looks as though the terrible two's have come early! Ugh!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love that swing! Walking toddlers are fun but definitly crazy. I have the leashes (a b-day gift) and while I'm not a huge fan of them, it is a necessity.

I think the terrible two's have come early for us (well I hope thats what it is, because if it gets worse, yikes!) The whining can get to ya!

Have fun in San Fran!